Friday 7 November 2008

An Unlucky Day (Recount)

One morning I got up with the feeling that the day was going to be an unlucky one for me. How right it was! Found that it was already 06:15 a.m.
I rushed into the bathroom. I did not see a piece of soap lying on the floor. I stepped on it and slipped, almost breaking my back in the process.
Then, I went into the dining room for my breakfast. I gulped down the tea without realizing that it was very hot. It burnt my tongue. I spat it out and could not eat anything because my tongue hurt. I got dressed and rushed to the bus stop.
Unfortunately, I just missed the bus. My heart sank and I knew that I would be late for school. When I reached school, my name was taken down by the teacher. The teacher scolded me for being late. To my humiliation, I was made to stand outside the class. I was so upset by the incidents that I could not study properly. But worse was to come.
After school, I was on my way home when something hard hit me on the head. Someone had thrown a bag of fish bones out of the window and it landed on me! I was boiling with rage but could do nothing.
However, luckily for me, this only raised a small lump on my head.I managed to reached home safe and sound, and did not dare to go out again for the rest of day.

1 comment:

Secuil Ilmu said...

what does mean, to my humiliation
i need the detail mean